The NSI is the National Security Inspectorate, which came into being in 2001 but traces its roots back to 1971. Today it inspects all elements of the security industry for the benefit of customers and suppliers alike. This includes burglar or intruder alarms, fire alarms, CCTV equipment and other security systems as well as personnel. BWS Standfast is pleased to have achieved the highest accreditation possible from the NSI – We are an NSI Gold Company. Our customers in Bristol and Bath benefit from all that this means.
All NSI approved companies:
- achieve the highest business performance standards
- meet all British and European Standards for technical performance
- security screen all relevant staff
- provide a high level of staff training and supervision to industry best practice standards
- are comprehensively insured to protect customers and staff
- are inspected every six months by professional auditors including random site visits
NSI Gold companies like BWS Standfast must also:
- meet the industry specific ISO 9001 Quality Management System Standard
- demonstrate a long term track record of performance and evidence of reliability and stability
Inspection includes the examination and assessment of our installations of fire alarms, Bristol burglar alarms and other security systems, our premises, tools, equipment, vehicles, working practices, documents and management systems and procedures.
Where we take over existing security systems, we must assure the NSI that we accept responsibility for their safety, as if we had installed them ourselves. All our customers receive good service and the same guarantees as our other customers.
Staff are security screened, which means they undergo a CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) check so that our customers can be assured of their trustworthiness.
The NSI reassesses our alarm systems company at least every three years and can inspect us at any time. Our customers can rest assured that our NSI Gold approval is up-to-date and ongoing. Alarm systems installed by us can be relied upon when kept in good order once installation is complete. Proof of our current NSI certificate can be found here and on the NSI website.